Shout out to a dude I consider family for bringing this up to me a couple weeks back and again last night. It needs to be brought up because ladies are slumming with the new wave of guys in the past decade.
In 2012, one thing is painfully clear – some of you dudes really are some of the most disrespectful, ill-mannered, overly influenced with tryna either be macho or borderline misogynistic, that you forgot the vast majority of key things the WOMEN in your life shoulda taught you a long time ago when you were growing up. There’s a huge difference in being a man and being a gentleman. Dudes have no manners, no sense of how to behave, no sense of respect for their girls nowadays and it’s a sad thing to see, seriously.
Fellas, here are just a few details that you should really incorporate into your daily lives if you’re tryna get (or keep) the girl you dig:
- Open and hold the door for your girl. Why does the pretty girl who has her hair and nails done, well dressed, hafta hold the door open for your bum ass?
- Chew with your mouth closed/elbows off the table.You don’t needa slobber while you’re attempting to eat and talk simultaneously and you sure as shit don’t needa hover over your plate, caveman.
- Hats off at the dinner table. I’m surely guilty of this, but certain times are more acceptable. Quick bite to eat? Cool, here’s your pass. Dinner at Ruth’s Chris? You needa let the locks flow (or the caesar breathe).
- Offensive jokes in public? Nah. That’s just embarrassing for your girl if there are others within earshot. Some things are best left behind closed doors. Which leads me to this…
- Stop playing grab ass in public. It’s always a good look to hold your girl’s hand, arm around her waist, or little kisses just because. If you’re tryna launch into a full-out makeout session in public, compose yourself. Save that “new to the feeling” shit for the middle-schoolers.
- NO WANDERING EYES! It hurts me that I even hafta bring this up – fellas, I get that there’s eye candy scattered around. I see it, you see it, your girl sees it. But the fact that you get the crazy cartoon eyes popping out, tongue and jaw on the floor reaction when someone ELSE walks by, you look like a dickhead and your girl’s gonna think she’s not good enough to keep your attention. Bad, bad look.
Alright, enough of the gospel for now. This is only the tip of the iceberg for some of you heathens. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll save some of this shit for a video post. That’ll drill it into your head. Respect your women, before a dude with manners and some respect snatches her right up from under you and leaves you hanging…